Sunday, March 14, 2010

Picture of the Day: Snow Again

This morning I woke up and thought it was overcast, the sky looking ominously gray.

However, when I pulled back the curtains, it was snowing! In the middle of March!

We had a short dump of the white stuff on March 8 and meteorologists had thought that was the last snowfall. Not.

I had to venture out to get my hair cut and get groceries and bundled up in my winter coat and boots. Luckily traffic was pretty light and not many people taking buses either.

I returned home before the snow stopped, around 4:30pm. The snow didn't stick to the ground, but there's a dirty slush on the sidewalks making it slippery and many giant puddles have formed on the streets as Beijing doesn't have a good sewer system to drain water.

Tonight it will be minus 2 degrees, which means some of the slush will freeze, but come tomorrow it's supposed to be a balmy 6 degrees.

Wake me up when spring is here...


1 comment:

The Author said...

We too have the experience of snow during visit last week. Its fun...